21:06 <popey> #startmeeting File Manager meeting
21:06 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Jan 21 21:06:31 2014 UTC.  The chair is popey. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
21:06 <meetingology> 
21:06 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
21:06 <popey> File Manager App links:-
21:06 <popey> Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bugs
21:06 <popey> Reviews: https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+activereviews
21:06 <popey> Blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone-commons/+spec/coreapps-1404-filemanager-dev
21:06 <popey> General Links:-
21:06 <popey> Milestones: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone-coreapps/+milestones
21:06 <ajalkane> one question about the e-mail bout content-hub. Does it require 14.04 dev version or can it be developed with the stable 13.10 version?
21:06 <popey> Burndown: http://status.ubuntu.com/coreapps-14.04/
21:06 <popey> Blockers: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps/Blockers
21:06 <popey> how are you ajalkane ?
21:07 <iBelieve> hi popey, ajalkane
21:07 <popey> Oh, good question, kenvandine ? content-hub is going to need 14.04 isn't it?
21:07 <ajalkane> howdy iBelieve & poppy
21:07 <ajalkane> * popey
21:08 <kenvandine> popey, yes
21:08 <popey> there you go.
21:08 <popey> ajalkane: you run ubuntu in a vm?
21:08 <ajalkane> popey: yes
21:08 <ajalkane> ubuntu in a vm inside ubuntu host :)
21:09 <popey> Ok. So I would certainly update it to 14.04.
21:09 <kenvandine> actually, you can use 13.10 still... but there will be API changes real soon
21:10 <ajalkane> Well... if it's easier to just go to 14.10, I'll do it. Like said, my dev env is VM so no big loss
21:11 <ajalkane> I've been waiting for the autopilot changes to come to 13.10 for more than a week now and perhaps using 14.04 is just easier
21:11 <popey>21:12 <popey> So really that's the primary thing I think needs work, is getting the content hub integration working.
21:12 <ajalkane> iBelieve: what's the status of your big branch with the cool changes, are they soon ready to be merged?
21:13 <iBelieve> ajalkane, yes, I had so many problems with VBox on a Mac that I finally decided it was worth getting a VMware license. So... I'm back in business and have been working this afternoon on it.
21:14 <iBelieve> ajalkane, so it should be done within a couple of days at the most, assuming vthompson is quick to re-review it.
21:14 <popey> Oh great.
21:14 <ajalkane> Okay nice... I think before starting to work on content hub support it'd be good to have those changes merged
21:14 <popey> iBelieve: can you ping us when it's pushed so we can take a look?
21:14 <iBelieve> ajalkane, you can just branch off of my branch. I've done that before and it works well.
21:14 <iBelieve> popey, sure. You mean before or after it's merged?
21:15 <ajalkane> iBelieve: okay
21:15 <popey> yeah, be good to take a look at your branch
21:15 <ajalkane> well, like said I've been waiting for my dev environment to stabilize. But I'll update to 14.04 unstable and will take a look at the content hub thingy
21:15 <iBelieve> popey, okay, will do.
21:17 <popey> Ok, so if we're able to get iBelieve's branch this week, when can we expect some movement on content-hub?
21:19 <ajalkane> I hope I have time to experiment on it before next tuesday. To get some understanding on how to test it and how to implement it.
21:19 <popey> ajalkane: ok, kenvandine is the best person to poke (US timezone) with questions, right kenvandine ? ☻
21:20 <kenvandine> yup
21:21 <ajalkane> ok thanks. Someone to poke is always extra useful :)
21:22 <popey> 62.
21:22 <popey> bah, stupid numlock
21:22 <popey> ok.
21:23 <popey> Anything else we need to discuss?
21:23 <popey> any blockers or issues other than content-hub and upgrades to 14.04?
21:24 <iBelieve> popey, I have a design related question about the Settings page and a sheet versus a page.
21:24 <ajalkane> Not for me atm.
21:24 <iBelieve> popey, should we discuss it here or should I contact a designer?
21:25 <iBelieve> I'm wondering if it would be better to use a Sheet for Settings instead of a page.
21:25 <popey> iBelieve: no designers around. Can you mail me and I can find the right person and get you and that person talking?
21:25 <popey> hm
21:25 <popey> it does make sense to me..
21:25 <iBelieve> right now the sheet looks ugly but I made a custom style, which makes it look really nice.
21:26 <iBelieve> popey, thanks, I'll email you after the meeting
21:26 <popey> thanks!
21:26 <iBelieve> Other than that, that's it from me.
21:27 <popey> ok, great.
21:27 <popey> do ping me if you get stuck anywhere, I'm here to unblock ☻
21:27 <ajalkane> good to know, thanks!
21:28 <popey> Ok, thanks guys.
21:28 <popey> #endmeeting