12:06 <popey> #startmeeting Music App meeting
12:06 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Jan  2 12:06:26 2014 UTC.  The chair is popey. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
12:06 <meetingology> 
12:06 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
12:06 <popey> Boilerplate...
12:06 <popey> Music App links:-
12:06 <popey> Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bugs
12:06 <popey> Reviews: https://code.launchpad.net/music-app/+activereviews
12:06 <popey> Blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone-commons/+spec/coreapps-1404-music-dev
12:06 <popey> General Links:-
12:06 <popey> Milestones: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone-coreapps/+milestones
12:06 <popey> Burndown: http://status.ubuntu.com/coreapps-14.04/
12:06 <popey> Blockers: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps/Blockers
12:06 <popey> ahayzen: how was your christmas?
12:07 <ahayzen> popey, good thanks and urs?
12:07 <popey> Good, although I probably put on a stone in cheese and port
12:07 <ahayzen> hehe but it was worth it?
12:08 <popey> yes ☻
12:08 <ahayzen> popey, where shall we start?
12:08 <popey> There's a couple of merge requests waiting
12:09 <ahayzen> popey, i was wondering if you, mhall or dpm could look at https://code.launchpad.net/~vthompson/music-app/update-translations/+merge/200165
12:09 <ahayzen> popey, idk how translations work :/
12:09 <popey> can you add dpm as a requested reviewer?
12:09 <ahayzen> popey, ok
12:10 <popey> oh, i can, one mo
12:10 <ahayzen> popey, cool
12:10 <popey> done
12:10 <popey> he knows translations better than anyone
12:10 <ahayzen> the other MP https://code.launchpad.net/~vthompson/music-app/allow-back-button-empty-queue/+merge/199003 will be fixed when https://code.launchpad.net/~vthompson/music-app/use-sheet-pattern lands
12:11 <ahayzen> and https://code.launchpad.net/~vthompson/music-app/start-with-empty-queue/+merge/197610 looks like the code it was changed was added in another branch IIRC, so will ask Victor if tht is needed anymore
12:11 <popey> ok
12:11 <ahayzen> *code it was changing
12:11 <ahayzen> i've been working with timp to sort out the reordering stuff
12:12 <popey> hows that going?
12:12 <ahayzen> currently waiting for https://code.launchpad.net/~andrew-hayzen/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/fix-swipe-delete-001/+merge/199906 to land so that we can drop our custom swipeDelete
12:12 <ahayzen> but i think he went on holiday so will continue when he gets back
12:12 <popey> Yeah, I didn't expect much to happen since our last meeting given that was just before the holidayt
12:13 <popey> -t
12:13 <ahayzen> otherwise if u apply that patch to the UITK then use https://code.launchpad.net/~andrew-hayzen/music-app/reorder-support-001 it is getting there :)
12:14 <popey> I'll take an action to chase down that UI toolkit merge
12:14 <ahayzen> it should be simple when timp gets back :)
12:15 <ahayzen> we have also been investigating an issue where the app crashes on application close
12:15 <popey> oh, not seen that, got a bug?
12:16 <ahayzen> we haven't got a bug,yet, but i was noticing random Apport dialogs appearing when testing the app
12:16 <popey> ooh, do you know how to extract those?
12:16 <ahayzen> then when we ran inside a debugger on exit it  Segmentation faults
12:16 <popey> you can just "ubuntu-bug foo.crash"
12:16 <popey> or apport-cli foo.crash
12:16 <popey> does it only crash on desktop, not on phone?
12:17 <ahayzen> i just ran inside GDB.. ooo i'll have a look through my apport stuff
12:17 <popey> yeah, there's probably a crashfile in /var/crash ?
12:17 <ahayzen> idk if on phone its difficult to tell because apport only randomly appears
12:17 <popey> I never run the app on the desktop, only on the phone
12:17 <popey> but the same infrastructure (without crash dialogs) is in place on the phone
12:18 <popey> but it would certainly be good to figure out if it's a desktop vs phone issue or app specific
12:18 <popey> or both
12:18 <ahayzen> there is one .crash for qmlscene in my /var/crash
12:18 <popey> lucky you! :D
12:18 <popey> I usually have a few
12:19 <ahayzen> popey, there is an .uploaded file with it as well, so does that mean it has gone somewhere?
12:19 <popey> yes, to errors.ubuntu.com
12:19 <popey> well, to daisy, which publishes data to errors.ubuntu.com
12:20 <popey> I *think* there's a way you can extract the UUID and see your own crashfiles
12:20 <ahayzen> ah ok, but the backtrace points at Grilo anyway which we will hopefully be dropping in favour for media service thing
12:20 <popey> oh, there's a link in system settings
12:20 <popey> System Settings -> Privacy -> Diagnostics -> Show previous reports
12:20 <popey> should make you login to ubuntu SSO and see a list of your personal crashes
12:21 <ahayzen> oh god...there are loads
12:21 <popey> hah
12:21 <popey> oops, I have it turned off
12:21 * popey fixes that
12:21 <popey> bad popey
12:21 <ahayzen> probably like 50+
12:21 <popey> expected for developers tbh
12:22 <ahayzen> ok i'll see if i can chase tht
12:22 <popey> great, and do make sure a bug is filed, whatever you find
12:22 <ahayzen> i didn't know whether in the blockers we should add the media scanner service and the media player service (can't remember the exact names, was one media-hub?)
12:23 <popey> what's blocking?
12:23 <ahayzen> yh its sortof blocking sortof not lol
12:24 <popey> hah, can you be slightly more clear? ☻
12:24 <ahayzen> because when we hit issues with Grilo we don't know whether to patch Grilo or just wait until the scanner lands
12:24 <popey> oh i see
12:24 <ahayzen> and there was an issue with shuffle ...but we suspected that may be handled by the mediaplayer service
12:25 <ahayzen> so we are basically trying to decide where to spend our time, either patching these issues which may be fixed soon anyway or working on new features
12:25 <popey> Ok. I'll take an action to get some clarification on that.
12:26 <popey> I don't know what the status of the mediascanner (and friends) is, but I'll find out
12:26 <ahayzen> i guess it really depends on the ETA of these services
12:27 <popey> exactly
12:27 <popey> I'll find out and let you know when I know something
12:27 <ahayzen> ok thanks
12:27 <popey> Anything else?
12:28 <ahayzen> do u know when most people are back from holidays? next week at a guess?
12:28 <popey> yes
12:28 <popey> monday
12:28 <ahayzen> cool
12:28 <ahayzen> oh and the design clinic? did we want to add us to that?
12:28 <popey> the design guys are on a sprint for the next 2 weeks
12:28 <popey> so we won't get anywhere with that for now.
12:28 <ahayzen> ok
12:29 <popey> I'll see if anyone from design is about in London though
12:29 <ahayzen> thanks
12:29 <ahayzen> nothing else from me :)
12:30 <popey> Great. Thanks ahayzen, lets wrap up and chase down the slackers when they get back on monday ☻
12:30 <ahayzen> hehe thanks have a good weekend :)
12:30 <popey> you too
12:30 <popey> \o/ short week
12:30 <popey> #endmeeting