12:02 <popey> #startmeeting Music App meeting
12:02 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Dec 19 12:02:44 2013 UTC.  The chair is popey. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
12:02 <meetingology> 
12:02 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
12:02 <popey> Music App links:-
12:02 <popey> Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bugs
12:02 <popey> Reviews: https://code.launchpad.net/music-app/+activereviews
12:02 <popey> Blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone-commons/+spec/coreapps-1404-music-dev
12:03 <popey> General Links:-
12:03 <popey> Milestones: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone-coreapps/+milestones
12:03 <popey> Burndown: http://status.ubuntu.com/coreapps-14.04/
12:03 <popey> Blockers: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps/Blockers
12:03 <popey> So I had a few things to mention as an agenda..
12:03 <popey> * Deciding on features for 14.04
12:03 <popey> * Finalise work items
12:03 <popey> * Setting milestones for work items
12:03 <popey> * Bugs, merges, work items!
12:03 <popey> * Blockers
12:04 <popey> We have some work items already, but I wanted us to finalise what we actually want as features for 14.04 and nail down the work items for them
12:04 <ahayzen> ok
12:04 <popey> Most of the work items in the blueprint are items carried over from last cycle.
12:05 <ahayzen> is there anything in the list that we don't want/don't have?
12:05 <popey> Not necessarily new features.
12:06 <popey> so there's a few items in the blueprint which may or may not be appropriate anymore.
12:06 <popey> and many with no owner
12:06 <popey> and no milestones ☻
12:07 <ahayzen> i can see one or two that i can take
12:07 <popey> great, go ahead.
12:07 <ahayzen> yeah we need to add milestones
12:07 <popey> the milestone link above has a list of milestones
12:08 <ahayzen> 'Change settings from LocalStorage to GSettings'?...i saw some other apps storing their settings in U1?
12:09 <popey> yeah, that needs some thought
12:10 <ahayzen> ok i'll check the rest with Daniel and Victor...cause i know Victor has been working on the album view so he may be able to take 'Show albums in gallery like view' for example
12:10 <popey> ok, so I added a couple of easy milestones so we can see the new format
12:10 <popey> so you may want to refresh the blueprint
12:10 <ahayzen> i see it now :)
12:11 <popey> So some of the ideas we had previously for this cycle...
12:12 <popey> Streaming music support
12:12 <popey> Obtaining track metadata from 3rd parties
12:12 <popey> Gallery view for album art
12:12 <popey> Playlist synchronization (U1DB?)
12:13 <ahayzen> they would all be good to do :) probably the first two being the hardest
12:13 <popey> yeah.
12:13 <popey> we have an inprogress for qml bindings
12:13 <popey> i need to check in with mikemc and see what happened there
12:13 <ahayzen> but i think convergence is of the highest priority this cycle?
12:14 <popey> Well. Good question.
12:14 <popey> Yes is the short answer
12:14 * ahayzen has been having fun playing with conditional layouts
12:14 <popey> Oh excellent!
12:15 <popey> But as you may have seen we have a mobile partner who has yet to be named.
12:15 <ahayzen> just we haven't got much for design... https://ubuntu.mybalsamiq.com/projects/coreappsconvergence/grid
12:15 <popey> I don't know any details about it but it would make sense for us to polish up all of the apps for that so a device shipping has the best possible apps.
12:15 <popey> yeah
12:16 <ahayzen> suggesting we need to focus on making the phone awesome/finished?
12:16 <popey> both really ⍨
12:16 <ahayzen> cool
12:16 <popey> I'm not saying we shouldn't focus on convergence, just that we need to be mindful that the phone needs to be awesome too ☻
12:17 <ahayzen> yep understood
12:18 <popey> So perhaps it makes sense for us to focus on the convergence and the gallery view and playlist sync?
12:18 <popey> Rather than music streaming
12:18 <ahayzen> yep good plan
12:18 <popey> But without some good designs for the tablet UI that might be tricky
12:18 <ahayzen> is there a work item for playlist sync...
12:19 <popey> I think we need to put the call out again specifically for the music app.
12:19 <ahayzen> ah yes found it :)
12:19 <popey> [danielholm] Sync playlist using Ubuntu One: TODO
12:19 <popey> yes
12:19 <ahayzen> yep ... Victor was thinking of asking the design clinic to help a bit?
12:19 <ahayzen> eg go through the current designs we have and suggest any ideas they have
12:19 <popey> yeah, be good to get more designs though
12:19 <popey> pick the best bits
12:19 <popey> in a design clinic
12:20 <ahayzen> i'll see if i can figure out how to make some designs :)
12:20 <popey> heh
12:20 <ahayzen> do we just add them as separate items?
12:20 <popey> I'll add an item for me to put the call out for more designs
12:20 <popey> for this week.
12:20 <ahayzen> or do we 'propose alternate version'?
12:21 <ahayzen> ok
12:22 <popey> So regarding these work items I'll ping a mail to the team and see if we can get names on everything and set some milestones
12:22 <popey> even if we don't hit them, it would be good to have our expectations set
12:22 <ahayzen> yep agreed
12:23 <popey> On the subject of blockers, we want to maintain a public wiki page which contains the list of things we need to get resolved by other teams
12:23 <popey> I need to review the page in its current state and clean out anything which is now unblocked
12:24 <popey> but we intend to use that as a central place for all blocked items
12:24 <popey> and we will regularly poke platform / sdk / toolkit people to get status updates
12:24 <popey> so you guys know what's going on
12:24 <popey> and we'll update at the meeting each week.
12:24 <ahayzen> ok that should be useful
12:25 <popey> The other thing is of course keeping on top of bugs.
12:25 <popey> I know most of the recent bugs have been QA / test / autopilot related
12:25 <popey> but we need to keep on top of any user-reported bugs too
12:25 <ahayzen> i think we have been keeping on top ish...they have been going out as fast as they are coming in
12:25 <popey> yeah, you guys have been awesome with that
12:26 <popey> want to keep that awesome going!
12:26 <popey> I have an odd bug on my phone and I need to investigate and file it
12:26 <popey> unity crashes ⍨
12:26 <popey> nothing to do with music app, probably a metadata thing
12:26 <ahayzen> there are a few we are stuck on eg... https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1261925
12:27 <ahayzen> more info in the comments in the MP https://code.launchpad.net/~andrew-hayzen/music-app/fix-empty-metadata-state-show-unknown/+merge/199370
12:27 <ahayzen> but basically we are unsure what to  call metadata tht has no metadata
12:27 <popey> Ok, I'll take a look after the meeting.
12:28 <ahayzen> thanks
12:29 <popey> Anything else you wanted to talk about?
12:29 <ahayzen> what is happening regarding releasing click updates to the store?
12:30 <ahayzen> i saw you started a discussion regarding multiple versions
12:31 <popey> At the moment we ping sergio to push the click package to the store
12:31 <popey> I then test it locally to verify it's okay and then I approve it, then it hits the next build and is available as an OTA update to users
12:31 <popey> This will be more automated soon.
12:31 <ahayzen> ah ok i see
12:31 <popey> but at the moment it's a bit manual
12:33 <ahayzen> don't think there is anything more from me this week :)
12:33 <ahayzen> who is best to talk about SDK components?
12:34 <popey> Ok.
12:34 <popey> In what context?
12:34 <ahayzen> i wanted to know if the reorder support was expected to land this cycle...cause i have nearly extended our support a bit to add scrolling
12:35 <ahayzen> but there is no point on working on it if the SDK is gonna support it soon anyway
12:35 <popey> bzoltan is the main guy
12:35 <ahayzen> ok thx
12:35 <popey> but t1mp may be around more
12:35 <popey> go for t1mp first
12:36 <ahayzen> will do :)
12:36 <popey> Anything else?
12:36 <ahayzen> don't think so :)
12:36 <popey> sweet! If I don't speak to you before, have a great christmas...
12:36 <ahayzen> u 2 and a happy new year :)
12:37 <popey> #endmeeting