16:01:55 <hallyn> #startmeeting
16:01:55 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Aug  7 16:01:55 2012 UTC.  The chair is hallyn. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:01:55 <meetingology> 
16:01:55 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:02:01 <hallyn> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:02:06 <hallyn> none
16:02:13 <hallyn> #topic Quantal Development
16:02:18 <hallyn> jamespage: over to you :)
16:02:37 <jamespage> ta
16:02:39 <jamespage> http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-quantal/ubuntu-server.html
16:02:45 <jamespage> #link http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-quantal/ubuntu-server.html
16:02:57 <hallyn> #link http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-quantal/ubuntu-server.html
16:03:00 <hallyn> hm
16:03:05 <jamespage> I had a review earlier today - a few to focus in on
16:03:20 <jamespage> utlemming,
16:03:32 <jamespage> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-q-cloud-images
16:03:32 <jamespage> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-q-awstools
16:03:59 <jamespage> just a checkin to make sure you are comfortable/on track with those two
16:04:18 <utlemming> yeah, one of the first, the motu's don'
16:04:18 <jamespage> smoser, utlemming:
16:04:18 <jamespage> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-q-cloud-init-utils
16:04:39 <utlemming> want everything in debian, and there is a freeze in place
16:05:35 <jamespage> utlemming, I'm sure kamal can get some new packages into unstable for you :-)
16:05:35 <utlemming> on the cloud-image roundtable, that should be okay
16:05:42 <smoser> jamespage, well, they're clearly behind and i'm sure some things will be postponed.
16:06:10 <jamespage> Ursinha:
16:06:10 <jamespage> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-q-bug-triage-review
16:06:35 <jamespage> we still need to catchup on that one - are you going to have some time for report updates etc?
16:07:02 <jamespage> m_3, jimbaker:
16:07:02 <jamespage> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-q-juju-charm-unit-tests
16:07:19 <jamespage> lots of stuff in progress - all OK?
16:07:46 <jimbaker> jamespage, yes, we should be getting this connected up this week
16:07:52 <Ursinha> jamespage, I've been working on reports, I need to catch up with you later
16:07:56 <jamespage> jimbaker, great!
16:08:00 <jamespage> Ursinha, fantastic
16:08:07 <jamespage> sounds like things are moving along
16:08:24 <jimbaker> i have the first goaround in terms of running manually with a nice DSL in bash
16:08:43 <jimbaker> then hook up to m_3's charmtester charm
16:08:53 <jamespage> remember feature freeze is on the 23 august (~2 weeks) - so any new stuff targetting main ideally needs to be in archive by then
16:09:08 <jamespage> otherwise you have to beg for feature freeze exceptions....
16:09:23 <jimbaker> jamespage, that's been my fate in the past on the juju project :)
16:09:39 <jimbaker> but time to squeeze it all in!
16:09:44 <jamespage> \o/ - great
16:10:18 <jamespage> so keep on updating blueprints as you complete stuff - helps keep overall track on progress
16:10:22 <jamespage> so - http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/release-bugs.html
16:10:25 <jamespage> #link http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/release-bugs.html
16:10:37 <jamespage> hallyn, bot does not like me for some reason
16:10:48 <jimbaker> jamespage, cool, m_3 and i were discussing this very stuff yesterday re blueprint updating
16:10:54 <hallyn> jamespage: link didn't work for me either
16:11:02 <hallyn> #LINK http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/release-bugs.html
16:11:06 <hallyn> [LINK] http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/release-bugs.html
16:11:09 <hallyn> <shrug>
16:11:38 <jamespage> OK - so zul and adam_g have a few bugs in quantum and horizon in hand
16:11:54 <zul> to say the least
16:11:58 <hallyn> uh, MIR for netcf is not on the list
16:11:59 <jamespage> we still need a volunteer to look at bug 844995
16:12:01 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 844995 in python-couchdb (Ubuntu) "Drop support for couchdb related packages" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/844995
16:12:39 <jamespage> any takers?
16:13:05 <jamespage> (I'll sponsor it if someone wanted to have a first stab at some packaging updates...)
16:13:29 <jamespage> hallyn, netcf - I'll need to subscribe ubuntu-server to the package for bugs - then it will appear
16:13:38 <jamespage> looks like we have *alot* of MIR's in flight
16:13:43 <hallyn> jamespage: great, thanks
16:14:15 <jamespage> hallyn, done
16:14:31 <hallyn> \o/  we'll wnat that anyway
16:15:10 <jamespage> if you are raising MIR's please can you set a priority on the bug reports; at a minimum it helps prioritize focus for the MIR team
16:15:49 <jamespage> should probably reflect the priority of the associated blueprint - remember you can link bugs to blueprints as well so they can be tracked on status.ubuntu.com
16:16:55 <jamespage> any other quantal dev stuff anyone wants to raise?
16:17:06 <hallyn> (i'll wait until smb's section :)
16:17:18 <jamespage> hallyn, I think thats me done then
16:17:24 <hallyn> thanks!
16:17:27 * smb shudders
16:17:27 <hallyn> #topic 12.04.1 Development (jamespage & smoser)
16:17:36 <hallyn> uh, and straight back to you? :)
16:17:47 <jamespage> unless smoser wants the spot :-)
16:17:54 <hallyn> smoser: \o
16:17:58 <smoser> hey
16:18:07 <smoser> so. basically the target for 12.04.1 is thursday
16:18:15 <rbasak> o/
16:18:25 <smoser> if you're not going to have something in by then, then you should really consider it not in for 12.04.1 and retarget anything to -updates.
16:18:45 <smoser> thats my general comment
16:18:47 <hallyn> and http://people.canonical.com/~jamespage/server-sru/precise-sru.html is the definitive list?
16:18:57 <jamespage> yeah - thats a good source
16:19:06 * jamespage must get the integrated somewhere more formal
16:19:11 <smoser> do you have anything specific, jamespage ?
16:19:37 <jamespage> we need to nudge walinuxagent forwards but aside from that I think we are in an OK place
16:21:26 <hallyn> moving along then,
16:21:34 <hallyn> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:21:45 <hallyn> i assume quite a few people going to plumber's and associated events?
16:22:06 <hallyn> or not :)
16:22:16 <hallyn> any other events to mention?
16:22:30 <hallyn> moving along,
16:22:34 <hallyn> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
16:22:42 <hallyn> hey hggdh
16:23:23 <smoser> hallyn, are you going to plumbers?
16:23:29 <hallyn> smoser: i am not :(
16:23:38 * smb is
16:24:04 <hallyn> no hggdh , moving along
16:24:08 <hallyn> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
16:24:09 <hallyn> hey smb
16:24:14 <smb> hey hallyn
16:24:18 <smb> So wassup?
16:24:26 <jimbaker> i am presenting juju at 3 separate events around boulder in the next 3 months: boulder lug, big data meetup (focused on zookeeper and how we use it, along w/ hadoop, etc), and the national center for atmospheric research
16:24:26 <hallyn> my q was on bug 1031090
16:24:28 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1031090 in linux (Ubuntu) "kvm_intel not loadable in a quantal guest" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1031090
16:24:43 <hallyn> is the fix for that known, or are you just saying "when someone whips up a fix we'll take it"?
16:24:43 <smb> Not much to bring up specifically. The failure to load the kvm intel module is in progress. The upstream discussion is/was mostly on how/where to fix it (the right way). But rather will need to go into precise.
16:25:02 <hallyn> but precise is on 3.2 i thought?
16:25:03 * smb notes he was about to say something about tit
16:25:29 <smb> hallyn, Right, the problem is that loading the modules checks a msr for a feature which any real cpu would have
16:25:31 <hallyn> (jimbaker is a travelin' fool)
16:25:47 <hallyn> smb: right but i thought one comment said it was introduced in 3.3
16:25:51 <smb> but the older kvm modules did not set it for the nested case
16:26:15 <smb> hallyn, Introduced yes as in adding the support for that feature
16:26:34 <smb> but upstream thinks rather than handling the non-presence (which should not happen) in newer coder
16:26:36 <hallyn> ah
16:26:36 <smb> *code
16:26:44 <smb> the old code should add it
16:27:09 <smb> And I think 3.2 is about the only kernel that supports nesting and misses it
16:27:20 <hallyn> we were never at war with eurasia, and that bug was never there
16:27:21 <smb> Could be wrong though, then it needs backport to before
16:28:06 <hallyn> smb: if we were to add itot the old code, is it simple to do?  should we just do it to hit 12.04.1?
16:28:30 <hallyn> eh, let's discuss in -server after the meeting?
16:28:47 <smb> hallyn, ok, it would be simplish (hopefully safe)
16:28:54 <hallyn> great, thanks
16:28:55 <smb> hallyn, but yeah, lets move this on
16:28:57 <hallyn> any other questions for smb?
16:29:12 <hallyn> from smb? :)
16:29:29 <smb> nothing mmore
16:29:37 <hallyn> thanks smb.  moving on,
16:29:40 <hallyn> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)
16:29:41 <rbasak> Nothing to report. Any questions for me?
16:30:06 <jimbaker> rbasak, i assume good outcome of the java mtg i missed when i was on vac?
16:30:26 <rbasak> Yeah I think so
16:30:29 * rbasak tries to remember
16:30:40 <rbasak> I think jamespage was more involved in that than I was
16:30:58 <jamespage> jimbaker, ok-ish
16:31:10 <jimbaker> no worries, i *might* have some insight on any java issues
16:31:12 <jamespage> still no java 7 JVM implementation - soon!
16:32:13 <hallyn> moving on?
16:32:19 <jimbaker> so there are good results posted on the openjdk for java 7 on arm. anyway, i'll need to get onto arm hw soon enough for the testing doing w/ m_3
16:32:21 <jimbaker> so look then too
16:33:13 <hallyn> any bounds on 'soon enough'?
16:34:02 <jamespage> hallyn, not really - it has focus upstream but the invoke-dynamic stuff is proving complex to implement
16:34:12 <hallyn> ok
16:34:25 <hallyn> #topic Open Discussion
16:35:28 <jamespage> I have one for next week - I invited gema from the QA team to come and give us an overview of whats happing in QA this cycle
16:35:40 <hallyn> cool
16:35:53 <jamespage> specifically the new testing framework (UTAH) and how we can get more involved with test cases etc...
16:36:03 <hallyn> yup, i still need to do that for lxc testcases
16:36:17 <hallyn> (this might nudge me along)
16:36:36 <hallyn> anything else?
16:36:43 <hallyn> going twice,
16:36:56 <hallyn> #topic Announce next meeting date and time
16:37:12 <hallyn> Tuesday Aug 14, same time as always
16:37:16 <hallyn> thanks everyone
16:37:24 <hallyn> #endmeeting