20:26:25 <huats> #startmeeting Loco Council 2012 07 12
20:26:25 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Jul 17 20:26:25 2012 UTC.  The chair is huats. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
20:26:25 <meetingology> 
20:26:25 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:26:41 <huats> 'LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GermanTeamReApprovalApplication2012
20:26:51 <huats> ''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GermanTeamReApprovalApplication2012
20:27:17 <huats> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GermanTeamReApprovalApplication2012
20:27:29 <JoseeAntonioR> huats: it won't reply
20:27:34 <huats> nevermind
20:27:51 <czajkowski> ok lets vote again
20:27:53 <huats> #vote Ubuntu-de reapproval
20:27:53 <meetingology> Please vote on: Ubuntu-de reapproval
20:27:53 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:27:58 <czajkowski> +1
20:27:58 <meetingology> +1 received from czajkowski
20:28:01 <huats> +1
20:28:01 <meetingology> +1 received from huats
20:28:03 <SergioMeneses> +1
20:28:03 <meetingology> +1 received from SergioMeneses
20:28:04 <itnet7> +1
20:28:04 <meetingology> +1 received from itnet7
20:28:05 <xdatap1> +1
20:28:05 <meetingology> +1 received from xdatap1
20:28:16 <huats> #endvote
20:28:16 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Ubuntu-de reapproval
20:28:16 <meetingology> Votes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
20:28:16 <meetingology> Motion carried
20:28:21 <huats> Great !
20:28:27 <czajkowski> well done folks
20:28:29 <huats> congratulations ubuntu-de !
20:28:31 <Lasall> \o/
20:28:36 <SergioMeneses> congratulations ubuntu-germany
20:28:39 <apollo13> thx :)
20:28:42 <toddy> thank you for your votes :)
20:28:44 <mfm> yay!
20:28:44 <march> Thanks. :)
20:28:45 <SergioMeneses> apollo13, Fuchs could you send me more information about that project?
20:28:45 <huats> #commands
20:28:45 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:28:45 <hexe25> thx :)
20:28:48 <itnet7> Congrats!
20:29:01 <Fuchs> SergioMeneses: which one, sorry?
20:29:11 <Fuchs> And yes, thanks a lot :)
20:29:13 <huats> Next Ubuntu Peru
20:29:15 <MarkusH> yeha :)
20:29:17 <SergioMeneses> Fuchs, Deutschland e.V
20:29:18 <apollo13> SergioMeneses: ubuntuusers.de? what are you intrested in?
20:29:19 <MarkusH> thanks a lot
20:29:27 <SergioMeneses> apollo13, ↑↑↑
20:29:29 <huats> They asked us to go next because are in a hurry
20:29:31 <JoseeAntonioR> huats: do "#voters czajkowski itnet7 SergioMeneses xdatap1"
20:29:32 <huats> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PeruvianTeam/ReapprovalApplication2012
20:29:41 <Fuchs> SergioMeneses: I will get someone involved to do so, yes. Mind a short query so we don't disturb here?
20:29:48 <huats> #voters czajkowski itnet7 SergioMeneses xdatap1
20:29:48 <meetingology> Current voters: SergioMeneses czajkowski itnet7 xdatap1
20:29:49 <SergioMeneses> Fuchs, ok
20:29:53 <huats> JoseeAntonioR: thanks
20:30:02 <JoseeAntonioR> oh, and #voters huats or yoou won't be able to vote
20:30:02 <JoseeAntonioR> np
20:30:10 <huats> #voters czajkowski itnet7 SergioMeneses xdatap1 huats
20:30:10 <meetingology> Current voters: SergioMeneses czajkowski huats itnet7 xdatap1
20:30:27 <huats> so is there anyone from ubuntu-pe ?
20:30:32 <JoseeAntonioR> Yeah, it's me
20:30:33 <JoseeAntonioR> Hello, guys! I'm Jose Antonio Rey, and I'm the team contact for Ubuntu-PE. Our Reapproval Application is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PeruvianTeam/ReapprovalApplication2012. Any questions you have, please ask them, and I'll gladly answer them.
20:30:38 <czajkowski> JoseeAntonioR: :)
20:30:47 <huats> anyone else ?
20:30:52 <SergioMeneses> hello JoseeAntonioR
20:30:57 <huats> hey JoseeAntonioR
20:30:57 <JoseeAntonioR> hmm, nope, everyone's at work
20:31:00 <czajkowski> yay photos!
20:31:01 <huats> ok
20:31:04 <JoseeAntonioR> :P
20:31:12 <huats> Where is nxvl ???
20:31:23 <JoseeAntonioR> huats: at work
20:31:29 <huats> pfff
20:31:32 <SergioMeneses> huats, working
20:31:34 <SergioMeneses> I guess
20:31:38 <huats> I know he don't want to talk to us
20:31:39 <huats> ;)
20:31:50 <SergioMeneses> huats, jeje
20:32:16 <czajkowski> JoseeAntonioR: thanks for coming, so I was wondering, is there any reason why the loco doesn't use the LTP more ? http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-pe/events/history and is there plans to use it more in the future?
20:33:15 <JoseeAntonioR> czajkowski: Yep, we've stopped a few months ago as we had a problem (I will talk about that later, I think you already know it), and all meetings/events were announced via ML
20:33:33 <JoseeAntonioR> We're re-starting to use it, we have a couple events in there
20:33:38 <czajkowski> JoseeAntonioR: can you elaborate more as to the issues please
20:34:45 <JoseeAntonioR> Sure. A few months ago, I came into Ubuntu-PE, and found out our team was pretty inactive. That was because the team leader stopped working. So, I took initiative and got everyone to work again. In that while, the team was fully inactive except by some people making announcements via the ML and some chit-chat in the IRC channel.
20:35:12 <SergioMeneses> I testified about that!
20:35:17 <JoseeAntonioR> That's why you may find some empty logs in irclogs.ubuntu.com, and, as you said, it seems we've stopped using the LoCo Portal.
20:35:59 <czajkowski> JoseeAntonioR: thanks
20:36:20 <czajkowski> JoseeAntonioR: so how do you plan to get people involved and keep the activity going?
20:37:25 <JoseeAntonioR> czajkowski: well, we've got meetings every month, and we've got a couple activities in the upcoming weeks. When we have talks/booths/conferences/whatever, we announce it via ML and get volunteers to work with us, personally, in getting more people involved with the project, so we keep growing and growing.
20:37:45 <czajkowski> JoseeAntonioR: ok
20:37:50 <JoseeAntonioR> We're also planning on starting a couple Ubuntu Hours, and contacting local FLOSS teams to talk to them about Ubuntu.
20:37:52 <czajkowski> thanks for answering
20:37:58 <SergioMeneses> JoseeAntonioR, I wanna know more about the future goals!
20:38:58 <JoseeAntonioR> Sure! We've got lots of invitations to different events. There is where we're going to help people to get involved with the project. They are presented to Ubuntu, and told to join the LP team and all resources.
20:39:14 <JoseeAntonioR> Once we've done that, we contact them, and start planning what we'll be doing in the meanwhile.
20:39:34 <huats> ok great action !
20:39:37 <JoseeAntonioR> By now, we've got some plans, as getting Ubuntu in local stores. There are PCs with Ubuntu, but the amount is minimal.\
20:39:47 <SergioMeneses> JoseeAntonioR, perfect!
20:39:59 <huats> Ok I think we are ready to vote then !
20:40:02 <huats> #startvote
20:40:03 <JoseeAntonioR> We're also trying to get people involved with translations and development. We offer mentoring if necessary, to get them to reach the member status.
20:40:03 <JoseeAntonioR> Sure
20:40:18 <huats> #vote
20:40:18 <meetingology> Please vote on:
20:40:18 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:40:21 <huats> +1
20:40:25 <ghosthost> +1
20:40:27 <xdatap1> +1
20:40:38 <czajkowski> +!
20:40:41 <itnet7> +1
20:40:43 <huats> #vote ubuntu-pe reapproval
20:40:43 <meetingology> Please vote on: ubuntu-pe reapproval
20:40:43 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:40:44 <SergioMeneses> +1
20:40:44 <meetingology> +1 received from SergioMeneses
20:40:48 <huats> +1
20:40:48 <meetingology> +1 received from huats
20:40:51 <itnet7> +1
20:40:51 <meetingology> +1 received from itnet7
20:40:54 <czajkowski> +1
20:40:54 <meetingology> +1 received from czajkowski
20:40:59 <xdatap1> +1
20:40:59 <meetingology> +1 received from xdatap1
20:41:12 <huats> #endvote
20:41:12 <meetingology> Voting ended on: ubuntu-pe reapproval
20:41:12 <meetingology> Votes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
20:41:12 <meetingology> Motion carried
20:41:19 <huats> Ubuntu-pe thanks !
20:41:19 <JoseeAntonioR> Thanks, guys!
20:41:21 <itnet7> Great job JoseeAntonioR and Team!!
20:41:27 <SergioMeneses> JoseeAntonioR, congratulations!
20:41:30 <JoseeAntonioR> itnet7: we'll be sure to keep it up.
20:41:33 <huats> for your application and congratulations !
20:41:41 <xdatap1> JoseeAntonioR, well done
20:41:45 <huats> and say hi to nxvl that we miss him !
20:41:48 <SergioMeneses> JoseeAntonioR, and thanks for the boot thing ;)
20:41:49 <itnet7> :-) \o/ awesome!
20:41:53 <JoseeAntonioR> thank you so much guys!
20:41:59 <JoseeAntonioR> SergioMeneses: np!
20:42:05 <JoseeAntonioR> huats: I'll be sure to make it.
20:42:13 <huats> So next is ubuntu Italy !
20:42:17 <huats> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam/ReApprovalApplication2012
20:42:18 <JoseeAntonioR> I need to run to classes now, see you later guys!
20:42:36 <huats> is there anyone here for ubuntu italy ?
20:42:42 <_Pixel_> o/
20:42:43 <xdatap1> if you're from the Italian team raise your hand
20:42:44 <Gwaihir> hello huats!
20:42:48 <Gwaihir> o/
20:42:49 <czajkowski> Gwaihir: !!
20:42:54 <Dolasilla> o/
20:42:56 <huats> hello Gwaihir !
20:42:57 <Gwaihir> 'evening czajkowski!
20:42:57 <totopalma> o/
20:42:58 <SergioMeneses> Gwaihir, \o
20:43:05 <peppe84> o/
20:43:13 <czajkowski> thanks for coming folks!
20:43:16 <SergioMeneses> hello ubuntu-italian team!
20:43:22 <l3on> hello! :)
20:43:23 <czajkowski> always interesting to see what the team is up to
20:43:25 <huats> thanks for coming !
20:43:33 <huats> so we is about to speak for the team ?
20:43:35 <l3on> o/
20:43:42 <huats> to present your hard work ?
20:43:42 <Gwaihir> huats, that will be me I guess
20:43:53 <Gwaihir> fire any questions you have :-)
20:43:59 <huats> Gwaihir: you are not even living in Italy !!!
20:44:01 <huats> :)
20:44:14 <Gwaihir> yeah... blame on me :-)
20:44:19 <czajkowski> nice #link http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-it/events/history
20:44:59 <huats> I have a question
20:45:03 <huats> youj mention the RAI3
20:45:07 <Gwaihir> huats, sure
20:45:16 <huats> what are your experience with press ?
20:45:18 <huats> and medias ?
20:45:25 <Gwaihir> yeah, that is an old interview
20:45:30 <huats> are you able to communicate on a large scale ?
20:45:36 <Gwaihir> experience is ups and lows
20:45:54 <czajkowski> 27 Ubuntu members :o WOW
20:46:07 <huats> (is t is not a tricky question I am just curious)
20:46:13 <Gwaihir> sometimes we are able to reach big names in the press, sometimes it is harder, but we have some good people trying to reach out them as much as we can
20:46:39 <huats> ok GwaihirI think we are all facing the same difficulties
20:46:41 <Gwaihir> usually for every release we have a release press article that we send out, sometimes it is picked up
20:47:05 <Gwaihir> yeah, I guess it is hard, need to make a lot of good contacts, but it is not easy
20:47:05 <czajkowski> Gwaihir: does the team face any issues as you're rather large ?
20:47:24 <Gwaihir> czajkowski, not really, we are rather large, but the team is well structured
20:47:39 <Gwaihir> we have different working teams that are more or less independent
20:47:53 <czajkowski> Gwaihir: can you tell us about the structure please?
20:47:54 <Gwaihir> so they do not strictly depend on our Council
20:48:01 <jokrebel> bye
20:48:13 <Gwaihir> we have a similar structure to the international community
20:48:22 <Gwaihir> we have a Community Council
20:48:43 <Gwaihir> plus small working teams, specialized in their field
20:49:03 <Gwaihir> a translation team, a doc team, form admins and staff, developers, testers and so on
20:49:09 <Gwaihir> s/form/forum
20:49:11 <czajkowski> nods
20:49:12 <xdatap1> graphical schema of the italian team: http://www.ubuntu-it.org/comunita
20:49:25 <czajkowski> aww that is rather cute
20:49:28 <SergioMeneses> xdatap1, nice
20:49:30 <czajkowski> Gwaihir: Team reports ?
20:49:39 <Gwaihir> they basically sets up themselves as they need to, we just watch other in the beginning
20:49:53 <Gwaihir> czajkowski, ah... we actually are not really good at that
20:49:59 <czajkowski> Gwaihir: :(
20:50:01 <huats> Gwaihir: hum....
20:50:07 <huats> I am so disapointed
20:50:22 <czajkowski> Gwaihir: is that something perhaps the team could work on
20:50:25 <huats> I won't say it aloud since I want to spend nice holidays in italy in 2 weeks
20:50:32 <Gwaihir> we tried to have single teams write small reports and then re-wrote them in the team report page, but didn't work nice
20:50:34 <huats> but you should work on that
20:50:44 <Gwaihir> huats, indeed, we have to
20:50:52 <czajkowski> ok am ready to vote
20:51:16 <xdatap1> i will retrain my vote, being a italian council member
20:51:40 <huats> #vote Ubuntu-it reapproval
20:51:40 <meetingology> Please vote on: Ubuntu-it reapproval
20:51:40 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:51:44 <huats> +1
20:51:44 <meetingology> +1 received from huats
20:51:45 <itnet7> +1
20:51:45 <meetingology> +1 received from itnet7
20:51:50 <czajkowski> +1
20:51:50 <meetingology> +1 received from czajkowski
20:51:57 <czajkowski> xdatap1: you need to +  0
20:52:06 <huats> SergioMeneses: your vote ?
20:52:09 <xdatap1> +0
20:52:09 <meetingology> +0 received from xdatap1
20:52:13 <SergioMeneses> +1
20:52:13 <meetingology> +1 received from SergioMeneses
20:52:17 <huats> #endvote
20:52:17 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Ubuntu-it reapproval
20:52:17 <meetingology> Votes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:1
20:52:17 <meetingology> Motion carried
20:52:24 <huats> Congratulations ubuntu-it !
20:52:29 <czajkowski> Gwaihir: my only thing would be in 2 years time can we see team reports please!
20:52:41 <huats> czajkowski: +1 !
20:52:44 <SergioMeneses> totally agree with czajkowski
20:52:45 <itnet7> Congrats Gwaihir and Ubuntu-it!!
20:52:50 <Gwaihir> czajkowski, sure, we will definitely do better on that!
20:52:53 <l3on> thanks ! :)
20:52:56 <SergioMeneses> and congratulations ubuntu-it
20:52:57 <czajkowski> great
20:52:57 <Gwaihir> thanks LoCo Council!
20:52:58 <czajkowski> thanks you
20:53:04 <huats> So the next team is Russia !
20:53:07 <huats> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RussianTeam/ReApprovalApplication2012
20:53:14 <ghosthost> great!
20:53:15 <huats> Is thre anyone from russia ?
20:53:19 <ghosthost> yes
20:53:19 <Agafonov> o/
20:53:24 <yurau> o/
20:53:27 <Malamut> yes
20:53:30 <huats> Thanks for joining us
20:53:43 <huats> Who will speak to present your activity ?
20:54:01 <SergioMeneses> hello ubuntu russia!
20:54:03 <yurau> Agafonov will
20:54:08 <czajkowski> Agafonov: hey there
20:54:19 <Agafonov> I was workking to geather application, so yes
20:54:53 <huats> Agafonov: great we are listening to you :)
20:54:58 <czajkowski> yay photos make me happy
20:55:09 <huats> are there any points you want to specifically present ?
20:55:10 <czajkowski> #link http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ru/events/history
20:55:53 <Agafonov> please note we are big country and it is really hard to be a loco as a one single team
20:56:14 <Agafonov> so there many teams involved in activity
20:56:30 <czajkowski> Agafonov: ah ok, so do you think the Russian loco would benefit from being broken up into smaller locos like USA for example ?
20:56:38 <yurau> we dont know english )
20:56:49 <SergioMeneses> Agafonov, I like the community numbers, but what is Vkontakte LoCo?
20:56:51 <Malamut> czajkowski: I don't think so
20:56:53 <Agafonov> some are doing things we are really do not know :)
20:57:23 <Agafonov> vkontakte is a big russian social network
20:57:29 <ghosthost> please, don't say I about all of us, yourau :)
20:57:37 <ghosthost> *it
20:58:01 <Agafonov> regarding breakage - there are some teams already in your list
20:58:19 <Agafonov> http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ru-loco-spb
20:58:25 <Agafonov> for example
20:58:26 <SergioMeneses> Agafonov, I think so but it is a great number of members
20:58:41 <czajkowski> well it would mean areas that are active and went for approved loco would get stuff like cds and other areas that werent could work wtih approved areas and maybe share resoources
20:58:50 <Agafonov> most are users :)
20:59:20 <Malamut> well, we have some very active teams in some cities, but in general there is not enough active members((
20:59:24 <czajkowski> so what do you see as the issues for the russian loco ?
20:59:42 <Agafonov> not enough *active* members
21:00:09 <czajkowski> ok, and do you have any plans to change this ?
21:00:20 <Agafonov> this is a question of leadership more or less...
21:00:23 <Malamut> czajkowski: one global team to help regional subteams
21:00:30 <Malamut> czajkowski: yes, of cource
21:00:40 <czajkowski> Malamut: nods that is what I think would work
21:01:39 <czajkowski> anything else people want to add
21:01:41 <Malamut> now we are working on our central web resources and some global goals
21:01:53 <Malamut> like Russiian Remix
21:02:12 <huats> sounds good !
21:02:20 <huats> I think we know enough to vote !
21:02:22 <huats> #vote Ubuntu Russia reapproval
21:02:22 <meetingology> Please vote on: Ubuntu Russia reapproval
21:02:22 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
21:02:26 <huats> +1
21:02:26 <meetingology> +1 received from huats
21:02:29 <xdatap1> +1
21:02:29 <meetingology> +1 received from xdatap1
21:02:32 <SergioMeneses> +1
21:02:32 <meetingology> +1 received from SergioMeneses
21:02:33 <itnet7> +1
21:02:33 <meetingology> +1 received from itnet7
21:03:22 <huats> Agafonov: where are team reports btw ?
21:03:26 <huats> czajkowski: your vote ?
21:03:48 <Agafonov> huats: the most valuable question!
21:04:35 <czajkowski> +1
21:04:35 <meetingology> +1 received from czajkowski
21:04:54 <Agafonov> the issue we have this probles since last reapproval...
21:05:07 <huats> #endvote
21:05:07 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Ubuntu Russia reapproval
21:05:07 <meetingology> Votes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
21:05:07 <meetingology> Motion carried
21:05:14 <huats> So ubuntu-ru congrats
21:05:21 <huats> but please try to work on that
21:05:23 <Agafonov> wow
21:05:32 <Agafonov> thanks!
21:05:36 <huats> it would be really needed for the reapproval in 2 years !
21:05:37 <Malamut> Thanks a lot
21:05:42 <SergioMeneses> congratulations ubuntu russian team
21:05:46 <huats> (we would have a close look at that)
21:05:55 <xdatap1> congratulations guys
21:05:59 <Malamut> we'll try to do our best
21:06:05 <huats> It is important for you to share your great work with the rest of the world :)
21:06:12 <Agafonov> huats: I think we have some powers now!!!
21:06:13 <itnet7> Good job Ubuntu-ru Thanks for working on it for the future!!
21:06:28 <huats> I think it is it !
21:06:36 <ghosthost> thank you
21:06:38 <huats> Nothing else on the agenda !
21:06:48 <huats> Thanks everyone for joining us !
21:06:53 <SergioMeneses> huats, no
21:06:57 <SergioMeneses> :D
21:07:00 <huats> no ?
21:07:08 <xdatap1> thanks everyone
21:07:15 <xdatap1> good night
21:07:29 <Agafonov> thanks again!
21:07:33 <huats> See you all next month !
21:07:38 <Fuchs> nighty night :)
21:07:38 <SergioMeneses> ok guys tanks for coming
21:07:41 <SergioMeneses> I see you
21:07:51 <huats> #endmeeting