16:01:22 <jono> #startmeeting
16:01:22 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Feb 21 16:01:22 2012 UTC.  The chair is jono. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:01:22 <meetingology> 
16:01:22 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:01:34 <jono> Good morning, afternoon, evening...Ubuntu fans!
16:01:50 <jono> and today we present the round-tables of a beautiful group of people
16:02:03 <jono> men with charm, capability and outright perfection
16:02:12 <jono> ...and me :-)
16:02:17 <dholbach> jcastro, does he mean us ^?
16:02:20 <jono> lol
16:02:23 <jono> alright, first up...
16:02:34 <jono> the man...the legend...the tester...balloons!
16:02:54 <dpm> \o/
16:03:51 <jono> balloons, yoo hoo!
16:03:58 <balloons> hehe.. i'll be quick here
16:05:02 <balloons> last week for me involved prepping for global jam, checking out checkbox and doing more work on the call for testing process
16:05:36 <balloons> in addition i started a critical applications list to target for testing and other purposes
16:06:39 <balloons> finally we had unity 5.4 testing, lucid iso testing and several other testing initiatives going on for feature freeze
16:06:54 <balloons> thanks much for all who tested and help test last week
16:06:59 <jono> :-)
16:07:39 <balloons> that's all from me
16:07:45 <jono> thanks balloons
16:07:50 <jono> any questions for balloons?
16:08:13 <jono> alrighty
16:08:19 <jono> next up...the man with the plan...dpm!
16:08:25 <dpm> hey
16:08:29 <balloons> if anyone has ideas on how to do manual testing or reach more people i'm always open
16:08:30 <dholbach> balloons, good luck with the dentist :)
16:08:41 <balloons> going in now.. gl
16:09:14 <dpm> allright, have fun :)
16:09:16 <jono> balloons, enjoy!
16:09:21 <dpm> right, here I go...
16:09:35 <dpm> - Translations meeting - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Meetings/2012-02-15
16:09:52 <dpm> - Helped davidpitkin with code changes on developer.ubuntu.com to change the order of featured apps on the front page. Reviewed merge proposal, fixed it and tested it
16:10:10 <dpm> - Set up a throwaway server on the cloud to test the developer.ubuntu.com changes on a live site
16:10:22 <dpm> - Followed up with pleia2 on a Fridge post category for posts that go on the Planet, rather than everything being syndicated automatically. Thanks Lyz for setting that up!
16:10:41 <dpm> - Worked with TLE to set up a server for the Ubuntu docs localizer tool he'S been working on. Demoed it to the Canonical Community folks on
16:10:56 <dpm> - Helped stgraber with Pastebinit translations: spreading the word out and enabling translations in Launchpad (using a feature which now allows universe translations in LP, previously only main packages were translatable)
16:11:09 <dpm> - Sent Ubuntu Global Jam reminder to all Loco teams in Europe
16:11:22 <dpm> - Helped dholbach a bit with developer stats by going through some upload entries output by his script - sorry I couldn't get through more :/
16:11:37 <dholbach> dpm, no worries - thanks in any case for the help!
16:11:39 <dholbach> big hugs :)
16:11:43 <dpm> :)
16:11:53 <dpm> so that was me
16:12:04 <dpm> any questions?
16:12:20 <jono> dpm, the Ubuntu docs localizer tool is awesome, you should screencast and blog it
16:12:25 <jono> that was a cool demo on Fri
16:13:02 <dpm> yeah, that's a good idea. I'll have a chat with TLE about it and see if I come up with a nice screencast
16:13:06 <jono> cool
16:13:12 <jono> any questions for dpm?
16:13:49 <jono> next up...the man, the myth, the headphones...dholbach!
16:14:16 <dholbach> - Dev Stats: lots of work put into getting stats on track.
16:14:29 <dholbach> (too much of it if you ask me :-))
16:14:33 <dholbach> - Sponsoring: set up March Patch Pilot schedule.
16:14:42 <dholbach> - Dev News: got another update out the door together with bkerensa - thanks again!
16:14:59 <dholbach> - Developer Advisory Team: blogged about it. I hope huats and I can welcome new contributors next week in our call.
16:15:04 <dholbach> - Outreach: got introduced to some developers in India by Bhavani Shankar. They are interested in joining - some followup discussions.
16:15:17 <dholbach> - UGJ: interviewed the Italian team about their event and blogged it.
16:15:38 <dholbach> - SoC: some follow-up, trying to help some interested candidates in becoming contacts for Ubuntu as a mentoring organisation.
16:15:46 <dholbach> - small bits and pieces.
16:15:53 <dholbach> That's been it.
16:15:58 <jono> dholbach, what is the current status of the dev stats?
16:16:02 <jono> are we finally done now? ;-)
16:16:11 <dholbach> not done, but in much better shape
16:16:15 <dholbach> I'll give you the details later on
16:16:18 <jono> dholbach, when will we be done?
16:16:53 <dholbach> there's some statistics we recently talked about I still have to add and probably need an idea or two from you
16:17:12 <dholbach> also there's a number (not too many) of people on the lists which very likely have never contributed
16:17:19 <jono> so what kind of ETA are thinking?
16:17:21 <dholbach> but I want to still review the cases to be sure
16:17:29 <dholbach> (it won't change things much)
16:17:43 <dholbach> most of it is already there
16:18:02 <jono> ok, we can discuss it in our call
16:18:04 <dholbach> let's talk in our call in 1h about how important you think the remaining bits and pieces are
16:18:05 <dholbach> yes
16:18:08 <jono> I want to nail down a completition data
16:18:14 <jono> completion
16:18:26 <jono> how has the response to the Advistory Team post been?
16:18:48 <dholbach> some likes, but noone offered help yet
16:18:57 <dholbach> or you mean the actual outreach huats and I did?
16:19:04 <jono> I think we are going to need to be a bit more pro-active in finding volunteers
16:19:07 <jono> I mean the post on planet
16:19:11 <jono> I thought it was a cool post
16:19:17 <dholbach> thanks
16:19:23 <dholbach> huats will blog about it too this week
16:19:29 <huats> jono: I will
16:19:30 <huats> :)
16:19:36 <dholbach> so let's see how much interest we get :)
16:19:37 <jono> I think we are going to need to ping people directly and invite them to participate
16:19:47 <jono> I suspect a general post will not encourage people enough to join
16:19:53 <jono> huats, thanks for helping with this effort :-)
16:19:58 <jono> it is such valuable work :-)
16:20:07 <dholbach> also I'll mail the devel/motu list later on
16:20:09 <jono> alrighty, any more questions for dholbach?
16:20:59 <jono> next up...the Murdoch of the C-Team.....jcastro!
16:21:06 <jcastro> hi!
16:21:11 <jono> jcastro, btw, listening to Mariner
16:21:21 <jono> it just came on as we moved to you :-)
16:21:25 <jono> fate!
16:21:26 <jcastro> heh
16:21:29 <jcastro> ok so .... here we go
16:21:38 <jcastro> it was a holiday last week
16:21:42 <jcastro> err, yesterday
16:21:47 <jcastro> so I am already behind:
16:21:53 <jcastro> (from all that sitting on the beach)
16:22:08 <jcastro> POSSCON charm school and talk are on, I'll be there with Marco.
16:22:15 <mhall119> it was nice beach weather
16:22:45 <jcastro> Some progress on the charm schools for LISA and OSCON
16:23:01 <jcastro> work with Cezz on some marketing things for juju.
16:23:12 <jcastro> but that's been mostly handed off to Nick BArcet, who volunteered to help
16:23:23 <jcastro> so we'll have nice handouts and stuff for attendees
16:23:50 <jcastro> I took over lp:juju/docs, I need to get that in shape in order to get some WIs out of the way
16:23:58 <jcastro> unfortunately our docs story isn't looking so awesome right now
16:24:07 <jcastro> TODO for this week:
16:24:10 <mhall119> that seems to be the case everywhere
16:24:11 <jcastro> https://trello.com/board/juju-growth/4ec1696da3f94bd2ea5b2b01
16:24:17 <jcastro> as you can see I am totally screwed
16:24:28 <jcastro> I am going to be in head-down-skating-hard mode all week.
16:24:51 <jcastro> other than most of these tasks I owe mhall some TODOs for the community to do for juju tthings for UGJ
16:24:58 <jcastro> and that's basically it.
16:25:03 <jcastro> questions?
16:25:19 <jcastro> oh, we have a juju webinar march 8, be there or be square
16:25:26 <jcastro> look for it in your favorite issue of UWN!
16:25:31 <jono> any questions for jcastro?
16:25:33 <jcastro> (48 people already signed up!)
16:25:58 <jcastro> oh, and some server team blog business which you'll see me blog about later
16:26:08 <jcastro> but it's kind of a surprise. (mwahaah)
16:26:21 <mhall119> blogging about a blog?
16:26:30 <jcastro> >_>
16:26:41 <jono> ok
16:26:55 <jono> next up...a man no one would dare to criticize...mhall119!
16:27:00 <jcastro> hah
16:27:00 <mhall119> lol
16:27:15 <mhall119> shorter list that usual this time
16:27:48 <mhall119> - Reached out to Asian loco teams, got a few responses and a couple of new events, need to follow up again with the rest
16:27:50 <jono> "shorter list that usual this time" - code for "I didn't write me list up in time"
16:27:52 <jono> :-)
16:28:05 * mhall119 never writes his list
16:28:15 <jono> guys, you should all prepare your lists
16:28:23 <mhall119> - Created a bunch of bugs for Unity integration with upstreams
16:28:25 <jono> the goal of these meetings is a comprehensive summary of your weeks
16:28:34 <jono> dholbach, jcastro, dpm, balloons, mhall119 ^
16:28:36 * mhall119 goes through his GTG closed items
16:29:10 <mhall119> - Worked with the ARB to define lens/scope packing requirements
16:29:42 <mhall119> - Started a Quickly template for writing Singlet lenses (packing the template for 12.04 with didrocks quite literally as we speak)(
16:30:26 <mhall119> - Posted current list of UGJ target activities to the wiki (please add items your teams would like worked on so we can post it on LTP)
16:30:49 <mhall119> - Fixed bugs in LTP for participating events counter (waiting deployment)
16:31:16 <mhall119> - General Lens/Scope developer shepharding
16:31:44 <mhall119> any questions for me?
16:32:21 <dpm> oh, I don't have a question, but I do have an item I forgot, which might be interesting to mhall119 as well:
16:32:51 <dpm> - Talked to xdatap1 about a Quickly Qml template he had been working on - he just finished a first version on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Quickly/QtQuickApplication
16:33:09 <dpm> so if anyone wants to try, give it a go!
16:33:30 <jono> dpm, awesome
16:33:35 <jcastro> oooh
16:33:57 <jono> great to see the range of templates in quickly
16:34:15 <jono> alrighty
16:34:18 <jono> I am up next
16:34:27 <jono> (Holiday yesterday, so shorter week)
16:34:34 <jono> * General:
16:34:41 <jono> - Burndown looking good, but needs more attention. Growth has flattened a little. Everyone: please review your items at http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-community.html
16:34:56 <jono> if everyone could take a look at this this week, that would be great
16:35:19 <jono> dpm, dholbach, balloons, mhall119, jcastro - also could you review all the work items for community members related to your blueprints and do a little nagging :-)
16:35:26 <dholbach> yes
16:35:32 <jono> thanks :-)
16:35:33 <jono> * Developers:
16:35:38 <jono> - Finalizing getting our metrics in shape. This week is all about the growth. :-)
16:35:44 <mhall119> jono: since I wasn't on the team last UDS, which blueprints are mine?
16:35:45 <jono> * App Devs:
16:35:50 <dpm> yes
16:35:54 <jono> mhall119, oh, you and balloons don't need to
16:35:56 <dholbach> mhall119, you can have some of mine
16:35:59 <jono> lol
16:36:00 <mhall119> :P
16:36:04 <dholbach> :-P
16:36:07 <jono> - Technical Board meeting to discuss removing the dependency requirement for scopes/lenses in Exras. It is back with the ARB for discussion.
16:36:21 <jono> we expect a response from the ARB on Friday
16:36:26 <jono> - Discussing app dev strat with David Pitkin, and requirements around marketing.
16:36:32 <jono> * QA:
16:36:33 <cjohnston> mhall119: that means all of them
16:36:40 <mhall119> quiet you
16:36:40 <jono> - Getting more the testing in place with Nick's on-demand testing.
16:36:48 <jono> - Standardizing around a manual testing UI for users and back end for developers.
16:36:56 <jono> - Fleshed out a testing vision for 12.10 in delivering tests to users of the development branch.
16:37:30 <jono> ...in a nutshell...you have an app indicator that tells you current testing needed, clicking on one installs the PPA for you and loads up checkbox with a set of manual tests for you
16:37:40 <jono> this is going to be a goal for 12.10
16:37:51 <jono> * Upstreams:
16:37:57 <jono> - Upstreams target list is looking finalized. Now to focus on the outreach this week.
16:38:09 <jono> mhall119 is about to become a upstream machine :-)
16:38:13 <jono> - Discussed d.u.c updates for the education piece of the developer on-ramp. dpm and mhall119 are on it.
16:38:21 <jono> * Juju:
16:38:31 <jono> - Brainstorming and putting in place a series of outreach efforts. This week we are scoping these out.
16:38:36 <jono> * Global Jam:
16:38:43 <jono> - Growing further awareness.
16:38:50 <jono> - Strategic call to put in place further plans for the coming week.
16:39:23 <jono> dpm, dholbach, balloons, mhall119, jcastro, bkerensa, czajkowski I forgot to send out the notes, will send them out soon
16:39:31 <jono> - Going to plan an event this week.
16:39:45 <jono> * Ubuntu Accomplishments:
16:39:52 <jono> - Spent a bunch of evenings and all weekend hacking. Having a good time. :-)
16:39:58 <jono> - Trophies are now signed, custom trophies are supported, and I fixed a bunch of bugs.
16:40:05 <jono> - Video demo at: http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/02/21/ubuntu-accomplishments-demo/
16:40:13 <jono> I am hoping to kick out a call for testing this week
16:40:24 <mhall119> jono: you can make that a UGJ item
16:40:25 <jono> if you are on Precise and would like to test, mail me at jono@ubuntu.com
16:40:34 <jono> mhall119, totally :-)
16:40:40 <jono> * Other:
16:40:48 <jono> - More kernel testing for my weird wireless bug.
16:40:54 <jono> - Some further Precise testing: fresh install on my Accomplishments server to test...filed bugs.
16:40:59 <jono> - Finalized Mark Shuttlewoth keynote at OSCON.
16:41:05 <jono> - Some additional messaging plans around some Canonical work in other teams.
16:41:18 <jono> - Coordinating USC reviews with Joey from OMG.
16:41:24 <jono> and that is about it
16:41:26 <jono> any questions for me?
16:42:38 <jcastro> is mariner still playing?
16:42:41 <jcastro> it's a long song.
16:42:51 <jono> haha
16:42:53 <jono> nope
16:42:56 <jono> now is Anata
16:43:04 <jono> any topics for discussion?
16:43:09 <jono> any general questions?
16:43:49 <jono> alrighty then
16:43:52 <jono> let's wrap it
16:43:58 <jono> thanks everyone!
16:43:59 <jono> #endmeeting